Friday, August 12, 2011

Pirate Splash Pool

I think the progress Bergen has made in the water this year is awesome. He loves jumping into the water and "simming" in the shallow water. One day Bergen was playing in chest high water, lost his footing, and went under. Travis and I both hopped over to him and I pulled him out of the water. We were expecting him to be choking, scared, or cry. Nope! Proud as could be with the biggest grin ever he exclaimed, "I simming!" Travis and I couldn't stop laughing.

This summer we've been going to a nearby city pool that has a big pirate themed splash pad! Bergen loves it and I love it. While Andrew was visiting we all got to go. There is also this small slide. Bergen had fun going down it on my lap. The water splashes up at the bottom so he would cover his face and tell me ready before we would go down. Travis goes with his this day and pushes him down on his own. I don't think he was happy about it, but after having gone down by himself the first time, Bergen was ok doing it by himself again. Way to go dad :)
The pool also has a nice diving board. Travis got one advanced dive in before they told him those kind of dives were not allowed. Bummer!
Andrew took a few turns on the diving board too. He was pretty excited about how much better he got...so much so he made sure I got a picture of it!
Bergen likes jumping into the water. He's so excited about jumping he would just jump, whether we were ready or not. We had to have lesson about waiting for mom or dad to be ready :)
Bergen playing in the splash pad. Climbing and sliding on the toys.
Mommy, Bergen, and Andrew having fun in the water.
Andrew making Bergen laugh. Love his happy face!
This is Bergen jumping into the water himself and swimming...well, his kind of swimming.
*Disclaimer: it's hard to take pictures at a pool and not get any "interesting" suits if you know what I mean. So sorry!

No comments: