Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Cupcakes

Here's a little something just for me...
So I've discovered I really like making cupcakes, and what's even better than that is getting to decorate them! (Now if I could just figure out how to avoid the clean up!) I'm almost ok with not even eating them, it's just so fun to make them...and take their pictures :)

These cupcakes were for Travis's birthday.
Chocolate Mousse Crunch Cupcakes.
Pretty good if I do say so myself.

I was using a cake recipe and apparently when you adapt it to cupcakes, you need lots more chocolate topping...so half these mousse cupcakes got a strawberry topping. Still pretty good.
And these babies are pretty much amazing!
Chocolate, Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, Toasted Marshmallow Meringue Cupcakes.
I made a batch one Sunday and gave away all but three. I was so sugared out from licking bowls and spatulas that I didn't actually eat one myself until the following day. "Holy moly," I thought! I should've kept a few more for ourselves! Guess I'll just have to make them again...sooner than later too :)
Yes, just look at the cookie dough deliciousness!
(safe to eat, don't worry no raw eggs)
So this just might be my new favorite guilty pleasure to fill my free time...now if only I had more free time!

6 comments:

Kinzie Sue said...

Yes, they were delicious. Kiera still talks about the cupcakes with cookie dough on them and expects that all cupcakes should come that way now! Thanks again!

Dawn said...

They look so good wish I could be there to try them!

Helen said...

Yumm! They look professional.:) I think I would try things like this more often if my friends would actually help eat them. I need some new friends, ones that don't care how much junk they eat.:) Maybe I could make some new friends by taking neighbors and others some cupcakes.

EricB said...

I gained weight just looking at the cupcakes. That is if I could gain any weight

Helen said...

Hahaha, funny dad.

Carlie said...

yummmy