Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Visiting Helen & Joshua

My sister Helen and my nephew Joshua invited me to come visit while dad was away. It was my last trip to be able to pack so light. Next trip I'll need a few more things for our son, hurray! The first thing that happen while I was there, is that I turned 32 weeks. Helen did the photo honors.
We had a popcorn and movie night. We made popcorn on the stove which turned out to be delicious!
Joshua really liked the popcorn! He even swirled his bowl of popcorn around like we did to the cooking popcorn on the stove. What a smartie!
(Who would ever guess this sweet face could turn into a wiggly lobster in his half sleep? I call him that because if you sleep next to him you will soon find out he moves around a lot and likes to caress your arm or neck. While it seems cute at first, his sweet caresses are interrupted by pinches, big pinches, and they kind of hurt! Nothing you can sleep through! But he's so cute and doesn't pinch when he's awake. Crazy!)
Before the movie started, we took some silly pictures together. What do you think, do we look related?

We also had a pizza night. We made BBQ chicken pizza and Joshua was a very good helper.

My sister makes bread dough so often, Joshua knew after the dough rises you pound it! And pound it he did.

He loves hats and sunglasses! How many kids do you know leave their sunglasses on for 6 hours at a time? That would include a walk, a nap, lunch, going to mom's activities days, coloring back at home, only to take them off for dinner.
We had so much fun playing together, the morning I left he wanted to just play...who cares about one last picture :)
I wish I could say next time we see each other, I'll be more fun and my pregnant tummy won't inhibit the time on the floor or horsey rides...but I'll get to see them either days before or after our baby comes. I'm not making any promises for that time, but for sure the next time! Thanks for having me!

5 comments:

The "D.C." O's said...

We are so glad that you did come! I didn't have thoughts that you weren't more helpful, I thought you were helpful. We are excited to see you soon too. Then Joshua will be your little helper.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

How fun. What a cute little guy. I bet Joshua is excited to have a little cousin. :)

Kiera said...

You look a lot alike when you have your tongues out!! How fun to spend time with your sister!!

Tammy said...

I didn't know you had a blog. I like your new curb, it looks great.

Please Pass the Green said...

Cyn, you're such a cute pregnant lady! I'm really sad that I can't see you in person. It's one thing to see you in pictures pregnant, but it's still not real to me that that's really your stomach and that you're really having a baby. I guess I'm slow.:)