Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Curb Appeal

This last weekend our yard got a little curbing makeover, although I'm sure the boys would say there was nothing little about the amount of work they put into it.  While I was out of town, Travis and Balend did some market testing on our yard. I knew I would like it, but I was extra surprised at how nice it looked when I got home! 

This is what our yard looked like before...
and this is what it looks like now.





A couple of days after the new curbs were put in, we got this note on our door:

Hi,
My name is So-and-so, you've met my husband, So-and-so, the Comair pilot.
I was walking by earlier today and noticed that you had removed your cheap, ugly landscape border for the beautiful stone/concrete you have now. We are planning to do some work in our flower bed and need some of that cheap, ugly stuff. Are you throwing it away? If so, could we have some of it?
Call me and let me know. Thanks, So-and-so (phone number included)

I thought this was so funny! I guess we are now out of cheap, ugly landscaping border, but if anyone else wants beautiful stone/concrete curbs, I know of a great, reliable, hardworking crew you can hire to do the job :)

7 comments:

James said...

Wow, that looks really good! When we have some extra money, we will have them come do our house!!!

James said...

Sorry, I was signed in as James...but is me, Kiera!

Kim said...

It looks great.

The "D.C." O's said...

I like it. Did you sell it to so-and-so?

Alycia said...

it looks great. that is too funny about the note!

Please Pass the Green said...

Ooh! I like it! Nice work, Travis!

Please Pass the Green said...

And way to help the environment by recycling.:) I love that that lady would ask!