Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sewing Project

Before you read any further, let me just say...this is an emotional saga!

So I wanted to make the baby bedding with the help of a friend (love her surger!). I only had a couple of days that she could help me, so I was really crunched for time. When I went into my favorite fabric store, I set out on a mission to find something I loved, all while wanting to keep it gender neutral. By doing so I figured I wouldn't have to make another set some day because let's face it, fabric can be expensive.

The day I traded my arm and my leg for this cute arrangement of fabric pieces, I was super excited about it! Over the next two days as we cut and sewed I kind of wondered, "Hmm, did I make the right split second decision? I mean I think it's still cute, but do I love it?"

When I got home and put the finished pieces on the crib, I decided, "Nope, not the right decision. In fact I think I hate it! Why did I do that? Why didn't I just get something different?" Well, after a spat of ridiculous tears, Travis gave me a nice little pep talk and put me down for a nap. I guess he thought I was tired...wonder why he thought that :)

Now that it's been a few more days, I think it's cute but am still wishing I had picked something different. Maybe just gone all out boy, or different colors, or something. But what's done is done, no use in crying over sewn fabric any more :) 

Which leads me to one question...why am I all of a sudden second, third, and forth guessing all my decisions? Decisions that really should have no effect on my personal happiness and certainly do not pertain to my eternal salvation! Am I going crazy or should I give in to the fact that maybe pregnancy hormones are actually starting to mess with me?

8 comments:

Emily said...

ha ha ha! give in! I want to see the finished products!!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

you're funny.

THE WILCKEN-GUTIERREZ FAMILY said...

Pregnancy hormones really do exist. Take Leo´s word for it. He had to put me down for a nap several times as well. Good luck with everything.

P.S. I love the fabric.

Karisty said...

I think the assortment of fabric is great. I'm sure the bedding looks really cute, you have great judgment when it comes to design so I wouldn't second guess yourself.

Anonymous said...

I think the fabric is cute and props for sewing!!! It's hormones!!

Laura said...

I like the fabric and yes, prego hormones are definitely a problem in times like these!! i hope it turned out for you and you like it now--I'm sure they look so good together becuase everything you make looks beautiful!!

Kiera said...

The fabric is cute! I like it!

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Cute combo of fabrics! I want to see the finished product too!