Monday, September 24, 2012

September Happenings

Lately Bergen has been telling us he likes us. In fact we've moved up in ranks and he says we are his best friend. Love it! It got me thinking...Parents have to love their kids, and kids usually know that. But do they always know we like them? I don't know how to explain it, but I think they are different things and equally important. So I've been telling Bergen I like him too, and also randomly telling him that. It's fun when he asks, "why?" Then I get to share some of my reasons with him and it always seems to make him feel a little happier than before. And me too :)

..........

One day Bergen just couldn't wait until after dinner to make popcorn. So he had it with dinner. This trail of popcorn was what he was sharing with me. I kept telling him I would eat mine after dinner and yet the trail kept getting longer and longer :) His sad face was because he didn't get to take the picture.

..........

We missed a friend's circus birthday party. Later they brought Bergen the goodie bag from the party. He really enjoyed the cotton candy (all over his face and shirt) and the clown nose. Putting the nose on different stuffed animals was pretty funny to him.

..........

Bergen always asks to sleep in our bed because it's "so soft" or tells us we have a "really soft bed." For a while I couldn't figure out what made the difference to him. I even gave him more pillows, nope. Since being in his twin size bed he has just had the bottom sheet and bedspread on his bed. Less laundry and I figured it was less for him to get tangled in at night. So I finally made his bed with a top sheet and an extra blanket under the mattress cover. Ding! Ding! Ding! His bed is "so soft" now and he stays there all night again. But even still, he was "so cute" in our bed!


.......... 

Occasionally Bergen pulls out the blow dryer. This time he really worked it! In fact, he got his hair standing up and thought it was hilarious!



.......... 

Having church at 2pm can be a tough time. I'm glad we are almost done with the year and this time slot. Keeping happiness and energy up until then can be tricky and I'll admit, it's exhausting, and we haven't even gotten to church yet. This particular Sunday I just didn't know how I was going to get us ready. But miraculously it all came together. Silly to document I know, but I was so proud of us for getting it done I had to take a picture and send it to daddy. We're ready!

..........

One day a friend had Bergen from 9-2:30. I did zumba and 5 stores for 15 some odd pairs of pants tried on with no luck. What can I say? I really need a pair of jeans. That day we stayed at the hotel with Travis (while he was in training). The next morning Bergen and I did the mall on the way home. Several stores and 3 pairs of pants tried on for a winner. 

The outing also cost me 5 quarters. 4 for the candy machines and 1 for a bouncy ball. I had taken a baggie for Bergen to put his candies in. And before we got there I gave him TWO quarters because you don't get much. I know turning the knob is really fun and he thinks it's such a great treat. But man! You get so much more candy in the $1 boxes at the grocery store...except do I want him eating that much in one sitting? :) Anyway, he talked me into another 2 quarters half way through the trip, and I guess I was so focused on searching for a size at one point I didn't realize he had gotten the last quarter out of my wallet in Old Navy for the giant bouncy ball until he had it in the machine. Resourceful kid! I did say not today to quarter car rides, no to the toys at the Rainforest Cafe store, no to over priced train rides, no to spin the penny down the tube, and no to the stupid quarter sponge bob trinket. He took all those no's very well and even though I had the little stroller he walked very nicely by me the whole time. So I think the 5 quarters were well deserved considering we were there to find mom a pair of pants. Boring! At least to a 3 year old.

..........

Bergen always seems to wait until we are loaded up in the car to tell me he has to go potty. I usually try and hold him off until we are home because I don't want to go back into the store or have to make an extra stop. Well this time he said he had to go really bad. Can't wait. It's coming out. I didn't want to do a dirty public bathroom so I resorted to stopping behind a building that had trees and bushes behind it. Classic right? Well Sunday after we picked Travis up he did the same thing on the way home. So I showed Travis the building we went to before. As we were pulling around to the back Bergen excitedly asks, "I get to go potty in the jungle?!?" As he skipped down the slope into the trees he seemed a little too happy about the situation. I hope he doesn't make this a habit just so he can go potty in the jungle :)

1 comment:

Helen said...

Oh Sunday mornings....
He is sharing so nicely with you.