Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Projects

Bergen loves doing projects with me. I've been trying to do more constructive, easy, 20 or so minute projects with him and have found some fun fall things. 

Bergen helped color and glue, and did the cutting on the puzzle scarecrow. 
 He helped color and cut, and did the gluing and taping of the puppet scarecrow. 
He and Travis found a good place for him outside to scare away the crows :)  

Bergen picked fabric scraps and I cut out the shapes. He has a green shirt. Are you surprised? Bergen helped with the sewing, like sitting on my lap with the machine going kind of help, and a little bit of the stuffing of the scarecrow doll. I thought we were all done and he said, "But he can't see me. He needs eyes." So I guess we're not quite done with him after all.
I got letters to say give thanks. I thought painting them orange and putting them on our mantel would be a fun project for Bergen and a nice decoration of me. I don't know why I ever thought he would want to paint them anything but green :) He painted the I all by himself, luckily it happened to be the backside. Then he was happy to paint little blocks of wood while I painted the letters orange. I love that this decoration now has one letter painted green on the back. A forever reminder to me of Bergen's love for the color green.
He did eventually branch out to other colors.

1 comment:

Helen said...

So did you add the eyes and mouth and tongue?
Anytime the color green is mentioned both Joshua and Nathan have to point out that it is their cousin Bergen's favorite color.