Sunday, September 2, 2012

Krazy With a Capital K Kind of Week


Just some notes about our regular life in a regular week...just maybe a little crazier than normal.



We had a crazy week. And when I say crazy I mean bouncing off air crazy. Maybe it was the let down of not being with cousins or not having playmates, but Bergen has been flying off...well, just about everything all week long! It's really tested my patience at times because I really don't like being pushed, jumped on, or bounced, or climbed on these days. Sometimes it was funny, other times not so much.

Monday we saw little brother at the sonogram appointment. I think now that the news has settled in we are looking forward to it. Bergen has still mentioned his "sister" a few times, but refers to "baby brother" in my tummy so that's good. As Helen pointed out, let's hope this baby doesn't have a double dose of crazy like Bergen does :) If he does though I'm definitely in for it!

Wednesday after taking Travis to work we did some grocery shopping to fill up the shelves after being gone for a couple of weeks. We got a box of fruit rollups and Bergen would've eaten the whole box in an hour if I had let him. I guess they were a good treat.

Thursday Bergen and I went to the fabric store to pick out some fabric to make a couple of things for baby brother. After the store I asked Bergen if he wanted to go to the museum for a little bit. We were downtown Ft. Worth and right by where we have a membership so I felt like we should use it but wasn't really feeling the energy for it. To my surprise (although I didn't question) Bergen said he just wanted to go home (Phew!). As we got closer to home Bergen said he wanted to watch a movie. I asked if he wanted to go to the movie store (rental place with free kids movies) or watch something at home. He again said just go home. Wow! Now I knew he was really tired to turn that down. But instead of a nap he watched a movie and I got right to sewing...with him helping me. Why didn't I have him take a nap?

Friday I really wanted to go to the zumba class but didn't have a plan for Bergen. I decided to chance it and see what would happen with him sitting on the side. He did well thanks to a not too crowded class, a few toys, snacks, and milk. Since then he's been doing a few fast moves in his jumping around or dancing that I'm pretty sure came from zumba. Pretty funny. We also got the last couple of supplies for baby brother's new blanket and crib bumper that day. Unfortunately everything sewing is on the kitchen table but I haven't made much more progress yet. Something about chores and a Bergen.

Saturday was a good day for jobs (putting away books and shoes, and dusting for Bergen) and reorganizing the toys, but also the craziest day. In fact all day I wanted to text Helen: "Cute sweet boy available for borrow. Disclaimer - he may jump, bounce, and push on you, and stick his hands, toys, food, and all things sharp and dangerous in your face...all day long!" It had been driving me nuts all week and I guess I said it out loud one too many times because at one point Bergen asked, "I driving you nuts, mommy?" Well, YES actually but I should probably keep that to myself :) We talked to "JoshNatan" for a few minutes on the computer tonight and they got to see what I'm talking about. Jumping from one end of the bed to the other face first. Repeatedly. Jumping off the bed. Running and doing 3 somersaults in a row. Flying off the coffee table onto me, the couch, or the beanbag. Swimming in the bathtub to make "weally" big splashes. Shooting me with the nerf gun. Spanking my bum because it's funny. Throwing pillows. Throwing balls "weally" high, like to the ceiling. Squishing me, also because it's funny and no it doesn't hurt mommy, so he thinks. All of this, plus more I'm sure I'm not remembering specifically right now, it's amazing he had any spare time to ask me all day long to watch "TB" and have more milk. 

I was trying hard to keep TV to a minimum. A few times I tried getting him to do school this week and surprisingly it worked wonders. He has a workbook and with his green crayon he was circling and underlining answers, and saying things like, "I weally good at it." And actually sitting still for 20-30 minutes. Tells me I need to do more "school" with him and find me some more clearanced preschool workbooks.

Sunday night and it's time to go get Travis, yes it's 10pm and I have to go wake up buggy but at least I get to sleep in tomorrow while Bergen takes a turn jumping on someone else. I wonder if Travis will be as excited about the situation as I am :)

No comments: