Friday, September 7, 2012

A Bonk on the Head


Bergen got really hurt, and he wasn't even being crazy when it happened! We were walking through a rod iron gate and as Bergen was pushing it open it suddenly swung back with some force and nailed him right in the forehead. He immediately covered his head with his hand and by the time I bent down to take a look, he had blood running out his fingers and dripping onto the ground. When he saw it was dripping he leaned forward while I tried to find something to put on his head. The blood was like a faucet and the only thing in my purse was a piece of brand new fabric I had gotten 2 days before. I thought about it for a second but really didn't want to resort to that, then I realized I was wearing a hoodie and that seemed better at the time. So I quickly took it off, wadded it up and held it on his forehead. Turns out it wasn't a bad or deep cut, it was just a little hole almost, that must have been attached to a vein or something. Bergen was very brave and only cried for a little bit. Once it had kind of stopped bleeding and we could walk to the car a store worker came running out with a couple of napkins and a few pieces of ice. Bergen let her put the ice on it but didn't want to go get a piece of candy or a balloon. He just wanted to go. We still had a couple of stops before going home and I asked if he wanted to do those or if he felt we should just go home. Luckily he still wanted to make our stops and was a happy boy the rest of the day. Course when you get to watch a movie and shows and eat an entire box of candy and skip your nap (you know, in case of a concussion of something), how could you not be happy :)

..........


The next day Bergen got to go to his friend Mason's birthday party. It was military themed (yes he wore his camo shorts!). They got to warm up military style for the obstacle course. I wasn't at the party the whole time but I heard and afterwards saw he was very good at climbing over the three foot wall. They said he really liked tug of war too. At dinner I've been asking him what his favorite thing about the day was. Usually he says I don't know and we go through the events of the day until he hears something he decides he liked best. But that night he quickly said climbing. Why am I not surprised? :) 

Have I mentioned he does handstands, not headstands, but handstands against the couch and wall lately? He can also run and do 3 summersaults in a row, and has started putting his hands on the ground and kicks over like a flip. All on his own. Whose kid is this anyway?! :)

1 comment:

Helen said...

Um he is Travis' kid.:)