Sunday, June 3, 2012

It's A Lot Like Summer

Just hanging out in the backyard this week
Travis and Bergen riding bikes to the park. I notice people watching and smiling at Bergen on his bike. When I saw him from away I realized how little he really does look and how cute it is. So I drove after them with the camera to take a picture.
Bergen enjoying a little float time at the pool.
He also "dives" for objects in the bathtub.


Just some stories from the week...


Despite Travis working a 5 day trip, and doing that and 6 day trips for the next month, we had a decent week :) Several days I was pretty unmotivated to do much of anything. I am happy to say one of those days turned out to be very productive, not in the cross chores off my list sort of productive, but the mommy and Bergen busy productive. He was loving it and at the time it was that or do nothing, so I embraced that it would be a mommy and Bergen day and went to playing. We played trains, legos, potato head, puzzles, made strawberry banana popsicles, played at the water table, had lunch outside, read stories, and that was all before nap time. It was kind of nice to just focus on him without worry about other things. And in the end I did vacuum the bedrooms and do dishes...which is probably about all I wouldn't gotten done during the day anyway had I been trying all day to get those things done :) Lesson learned. Once and a while, just play.

Bergen doesn't always go right to sleep after we put him to bed. One night I noticed the light had been turned back on so I secretly checked on him. At 9:33pm he was laying on his bed with a helicopter and a car, making conversation between the two. I really wished he was asleep, but it was very cute. At 10:13pm I checked on him again. This time I found him standing on the dresser to decorate the wall with glow in the dark stars. "It's really pretty cool!" Funny but getting ridiculous :) Thankfully he soon drifted off to sleep after that.

Travis got home one evening with enough time to shower and go to the store for milk before leaving on our date. We got home just before midnight. The next morning Travis left at 6:40am to go back to work (motorcycle that day thankfully). When Bergen woke up I went into his room. He said, "hi daddy, oh you're not daddy." I said, "I'm sorry sweetheart daddy went back to work." "No he's not. I go find him." I sat in his room while he walked to our room. Sobs! He came back, crawled onto my lap and cried for a few minutes. So stinkin' sad! 

No comments: