Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day at Cabelas

A friend told me about the Cabela's Family Outdoor Day and convinced me to go. After a lazy week I got myself to get us there and boy am I glad I did! This was so right up Bergen's alley!

He got to shoot a BB gun, listen to a fireman presentation, throw balls at a dunk tank, dig for fossils in the sand, got a couple of coloring books, got a piggy bank, went into a big camping tent with lots of butterflys, shoot a bow and darts, got a t-shirt, painted a fishing lurer, saw the stuffed animals and fish tanks, watched a barnyard race with a chicken, bunny, and turtle, sat on lots of driving machines (tried to start them all), AND go fishing for the first time. All that in 3.5 hours! The best part was it was ALL FREE! Can't beat that for a fun filled day.

Later in the day I asked Bergen what his favorite thing was. "I wike shooting gun best!" I thought maybe fishing would win, but nothing is better than a boy and his gun I guess. Anyway I think fishing was a close second :)

Here's Bergen shooting the gun. We had to wait a while and it was hard to be patient be he did a good job. Somehow he just knew how to hold it and where to look. It was so cute. He did it three time during the day, and each time the workers helping him got a big kick out of him.

They had fishing poles and bait for us to use. We kept the hook close to the docks at first because the fish were hiding under there. After a bit of time Bergen actually caught a fish! He was really excited at first and I hurried to take his picture. By the time the worker came to help us Bergen was much more hesitant about the fish. I did get him to touch it with one finger but he didn't need any more contact than that :) From then on we sent the rest of our time casting the line out "really far" and reeling it in "really fast." We didn't catch any more fish but Bergen was having fun, and as the worker put to, that was what was important.



There was kayaking too. I wish I was brave enough to have tried that with Bergen on my own, but I wasn't :) Bergen was one exhausted little boy and very sad to leave when it was time. He still thinks the fish was cool, but shooting guns was definitely the highlight for him!

2 comments:

Karin said...

What a fun day. I love Cabelas. He is such a handsome boy, I love his doctor visit picture.

Great updates! Jealous of your garden, way to go.

Karin said...

I'm going to have to look up the next Cabelas Family day - too fun. Oh, I'm buying Bergen his very own BB Gun for his next b-day too.