Saturday, May 29, 2010

A New Attitude

I first would like to announce that this blog now has 100 posts! And is the longest running, most consistent (even with my gaps here and there) form of journaling I've even had. I think I can give myself a little pat on the back for that - pat, pat. And I'll give you readers a pat as well for continuing to read and making me feel like I can't leave you hanging when it comes to the doings of our life - pat, pat! Let's hope for 100 more.

Ok so Bergen has a new attitude. And by that I mean he has a new sense of "I can do it!" Maybe it's the short haircut, maybe it's being 1. Whatever it is, it's crackin' me up!

There are some things I just simply have a hard time capturing on video...you'll see why later. Here's a picture I managed to get with my phone (sorry for the poor quality) of Bergen's big boy haircut.


He's doing much better at taking steps, but only when he wants to. Sometimes I can coax him into it, but he does his best when he's decided he wants to practice. He will stand up next to something, make sure we're watching, let go and get his balance, and then go for it! He ALWAYS dives for us when he gets close. This will happen several times in a row. When he gets tired he drops down and crawls off to play with something else. When he's done, he's done! There's no one more time despite our efforts :) So far, this is the best I can get and it's not even that great...it wasn't his idea so he wasn't that interested.

So I'm wondering if I should actually be more worried about his advanced climbing skills than the things he'll be into once he's running around. Wonder what I'm talking about? This is what I found him doing tonight!
(At least he can get down on his own, right?!?) And this is why I have a hard time capturing anything these days. As soon as he sees the camera, forget what he was doing, it's a bee line to it! :)

One last one I almost forgot. Just another day working in the craft room with me while I sew. He looked SO CUTE sitting up there coloring! Too bad it only lasted a few minutes.

No comments: