Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Bergen!

As my sister put it so well, I've got to chisel away at the things I have to catch up on. In the meantime I better not get further behind...

happy birthday to my bergen!
Tuesday he officially turned 1. Looking forward things can seem to drag on forever, but looking back it doesn't seem long at all. I will admit, some moments seemed longer than others, but overall it's been a lot of happy moments that just fly by. There are a lot of birthday pictures so brace yourself!

Grandma and Grandpa Linton came to visit over the weekend so we did birthday presents and a trial run on the birthday treat on Saturday. Bergen actually did very well at opening presents.

He got a book...
...a BIG doggie, (Now dad can't say Bergen needs a dog. He already has one!)...
...BIG doggie also makes a great wrestling partner.
He also got a bucket with digging tools...
...and a bright blue ball.
And since he's 1, he's advanced to a big boy car seat! Hooray!
Our trail run with dessert.
He chowed down on the brownie but didn't like how cold the ice cream made his hands. Although he's always been a fan of the ice cream we've spoon feed him :)
So Tuesday was his actual birthday. I was crazy and made a crazy cake (another post is coming dedicated just to the cake). Since we had a big cake, we had a few friends over to share it with. I think we came to the conclusion that after a while Bergen was really overwhelmed with all the attention from the kids around the table. He cried a lot :(
But got happier with the taste of yummy blue frosting.
"Do I really get this whole thing to myself?"
"OK, if you say so!"

The 6 kids started going crazy laughing at Bergen. And the messier he got, the louder they became. He had fun with it for a while...
...but once he figured out no one wanted him to touch them, I think his feelings got really hurt and then he just wanted mommy or daddy. Doesn't this just break your heart? It did mine!
And he didn't want us to let go, even to rinse him off in the tub.
Having a birthday can be rough!
Despite it all, I think it was a great little birthday for Bergen. He's had a lot of fun playing with his new things and getting to spend special time with his family.

3 comments:

The "D.C." O's said...

Wish we could have been there too! I would let Bergen touch me (maybe). Yes, that does break my heart. That is a cute cake. I love his "do I really get this all to myself" look. I am jealous of that play kitchen. We have no where to put it, but Joshua would love to have one. So fun. Joshua and Bergen could make cancakes together.

Dawn said...

What a cute boy! Wish we lived closer so we could see you!

Jennifer said...

Wow, what a cute, cute little guy! I can't believe how big he is. He's already ONE??? Wow. I'm glad you guys are doing so great!