Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Science Museum

Today Bergen and I got to go to the Science Museum with our friends. It's really cool for big kids and even has a large play area for little kids. We spent most of our time there. Bergen got to play with toys...
Push buttons that make bubbles inside glass tubes...
Push a shopping cart around...
Select apples from the fruit bins...
Fill the shopping cart with lots of yummy food (all plastic of course)...
Help Luke at the checkout counter...
Make little balls fly and flowers spin...
Crawl in, around, and thru things...
Drive an ambulance...
And splash in water just to name a few activities.
Bergen was an excellent trooper and I think he had lots of fun. So much fun in fact he was completely worn out and asleep in the car just minutes after pulling out of the parking lot.

So this evening I was working on something and Bergen crawled off playing. He was quiet for long enough I wondered what he was doing, but I didn't go check yet. Then I still didn't hear him for a while so I finally went looking. I found he had crawled thru a stool I sometimes put in front of the bathroom door (looks like he's figured that one out and I have to find something else...again), found the toilet brush, and was cleaning the toilet bowl. If he's going to get into mischief should I at least be proud he's cleaning? :) I was actually very surprised to see him doing this, and I'm sure he thought he was in heaven, because I don't ever let him near the toilet despite his efforts (toilets are gross!). He has watched me clean it before from the doorway, but he either got lucky (or is that I got lucky he didn't have something else in the toilet) or he's already trying to do what he sees me do. He will grab away the rag when I wipe up the floor under his dinner seat sometimes, and rub the floor with it himself. He also spits after I spit while brushing my teeth...who knows!

1 comment:

Please Pass the Green said...

Now way! Cleaning the toilet?? Ha ha ha!! His little brain is going full speed. So scary to think they're already imitating at such a young age. I'm glad you don't have a dog. Who knows what you would've found if he'd ever watched the dog drink out of the toilet.:)