Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bergen's First Christmas

Merry Christmas to little Bergen! We stayed at home this year and had a quite little Christmas. Travis had to work the 24th-29th, so we actually had our Christmas on Tuesday. Lucky for us, Bergen had no idea and really enjoyed the whole Christmas experience!
We put the tree in an area of the room that Bergen didn't go to much so keeping the tree safe really wasn't too much of a problem. Christmas morning was probably the first time we put him in front of the tree by myself.
It wasn't long before he had had enough pictures and just wanted to get at that tree!
I think he was more interested in the wrapping decorations than he was the actual paper at first.
I try to read him books often. Bergen has a cousin that being a lion is one of his favorite hobbys! I thought it was very cute that Bergen seemed to pause an extra second at the picture of the lion. Do they really know and remember more than we think they do?
Our little family of three. Our extended families were very generous to us this year. We got lots of fun things we will enjoy using, playing with, and seeing all year long! The present Travis and I got for ourselves this year was a little chest freezer. We (ok mostly me) are so excited to be able to stock up on those good deals you need a lot of freezer space for, because now we've got the space!
Bergen's ONLY toy that makes noise...and I made sure it had an off switch :)
Testing it out.
And here's when he decided the paper was pretty cool!
I just love this "mouth full of paper" expression! And I love even more the pictures that capture his beautiful eyelashes.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Love the pictures...Bergen is such a cutie!!

Emily said...

Apparently the feed on my blog isn't working very well because I've missed quite a few posts! Looks like a great Christmas! I sure can't wait to see you and meet that little boy!

Laura said...

Love your Christmas!! thanks for the text by the way, I have been terrible at not getting back to anyone the last few months!! I LOVE all the pics you took with Trav, it was definitley worth it! And I can't believe at how big Bergen is!!! He is moving all over and has had two hair cuts!! He is as cute as ever!!! And that is such great news about Trav getting to come back eventually too Dallas!!! We really hope sooner than later! That santa suit was adorable and I can't believe the snow there!!! He will totally love it next time :)!! Merry Christmas (late!)!! Love you guys!

Jennifer Hepworth said...

First Christmas pictures are so fun! He is seriously so cute! Miss you guys!