Friday, January 29, 2010

Here's to Better Documenting

We wave at Bergen A LOT. I don't know why but apparently it's just something people seem to do to babies without even realizing it. Would you agree or am I totally wrong? :) Occasionally Bergen puts up his arm and I've wondered if he was trying to mimic us. At church on Sunday I decided yes, he was definitely waving at people. We were walking down an empty hallway when someone else came around the corner. Bergen stuck his arm up and started shaking it. Sitting in class he was watching people behind us and did the same thing. Several times. When we got home we tested it out again, and yup, he kept waving back to us. It's so cute!

All of a sudden he's discovered he can pull himself up on some things. The open refrigerator, a stool, the windowsills, the dishwasher. I think it is just simply amazing to watch him work on it as he figures out how to get himself up, and when he's done ease himself back down. There are so many things we take for granted knowing how to do them. As I watch him learn something I think is so simple, I'm reminded how much there is for him to discover and how much he really does have to learn. It's a TON! When I realize how much we have to teach him it's almost overwhelming. Lucky (or unlucky, depending on what it is, haha) for me he seems to just pick up so much on his own.

1 comment:

The "D.C." O's said...

He was waving at us when we were webcaming. It is nice that he can get himself down when he pulls himself up too. Other wise you would be doing a lot of helping him get unstuck.