Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer Picnic

In the heat we've been experiencing, there's not much better than a nice, cool, refreshing, yummy Sonic drink. Just ask Bergen. He calls it "uice" and loves holding the cup himself. I just have to watch him closely because he does like to dig his finger into the cup...which make for a real mess! Not to mention the loss of "uice" he actually gets to drink, and the increase in laundry I get to do.

One hot day we decided to get a treat for a picnic together. We found a nice patch of grass in Southlake and ate our 5 Guys burgers, and drank our "uice." Well Travis and I did anyways...Bergen mostly ran around, stopping for only half second breaks to stuff a few little bites into his mouth before taking off full speed again. Both Travis and I had to hold him tight just to get a picture.
Sometimes it's just fun to get out of the house. Even if it's for a fast food picnic in the heat of the summer.

2 comments:

Kinzie Sue said...

Glad that "uice" kept you from melting in this hot heat! What a fun outing- seems like running around is way more fun than sitting still and eating these days. You guys are the cutest family, and I love all of the fun things you come up with.

P.S. Bergen is adorable (as always) in these pictures!

Laura said...

so fun! Don't miss the heat though but I did love getting myself a sonic or two during the summer!! I can't believe that he cleans!! Harrison is defintely not that way but Mckinley will help if I start...I think he's taking after his mama!!!