Friday, July 22, 2011

Plays On His Own

A new milestone has been reached lately. Bergen is able to entertain himself with some constructive play (I sound so technical don't I?). And for anyone that doesn't speak my same "technical," I mean he is actually playing with his toys the way they were meant to be used, using him imagination, and has some sort of goal or story he's working on. It's so fun to watch.

He loads people up into the bus and drives them somewhere.

He carries tools around to fix things, all while having a conversation with himself.

He plays with multiple trucks or cars with some kind of plan.

He does some mixing, pouring, cooking, and dish clean up with his toy food and dishes.

He also reads books, although I not sure if he's reading out loud to himself or if he thinks he's reading to someone else :)

He has two way conversations with himself in the car, asking if you see or want something, then responding with an answer (love ease dropping on this one).

There's been a few mornings and several afternoons, where's he's played with toys in his room for almost an hour before calling for me, or falling asleep. I expect to see the aftermath of a tornado, only to discover he's been playing with just a handful of toys or books, and the room's really quite clean.

And my favorite is when he just runs around the house, busy as can be, playing whatever game or situation he's got going on in his own little world, while I'm busy with chores.

One day I found these train tracks. He set them up all by himself. Not bad for his first attempt alone.

1 comment:

Karin said...

I miss Southlake. That was our family spot. Bergen is getting so big and I remember when the girls started playing imaginary games, etc and how impressed I was. What a handsome man - love his new hairdo too. =) Let me know when you make it up this way - we'd love to have you over for a BBQ and Bergen can play in the irrigation or on the playground with the girls.