Monday, May 2, 2011

Egg Hunt

After coloring real eggs, we did a plastic egg hunt in the backyard. (I took Bergen to a neighborhood and playgroup egg hunt earlier in the week. I didn't really know what to expect but until Bergen starts asking to go I have no desire to go to mass group egg hunts, or should I say egg gathering/hoardings again. I wasn't a fan of the kids running through a field putting eggs in their basket just as fast as they could while smaller kids are too slow to get anything and it's over in about 3 minutes. It seemed a little greedy to me. And besides, where's the fun in finding an egg that's in plain sight? Sorry if you like this sort of thing, I just didn't.)

Needless to say the small hunt at home was by far my favorite activity. It was so fun to see Bergen look around saying things like, "hmmmmmm" and "eeeeeggs, are you?" Turns out he was a pretty good spotter, and of course was excited about the "chan-nee" inside the eggs! He's had fun playing with the eggs ever since I bought them, putting them in a "bass-et" and dumping them out, and we've even had a few mini hunts in the living room.








Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Helen said...

I completely 100% agree with you on the crazy egg hunts. I remember doing one in Mt Angel at the place Aunt Fefe was living and absolutely HATING it and I have hated them ever since! (I don't like piƱatas either!) I love the "bass-et":) Cant wait to come hang out and hear all the things Bergen is saying. Maybe he will motivate Nathan to actually talk too.