Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bergen Turns 2

We have a TWO year old! Crazy! Bergen's birthday was a busy but fun day. Helen, Joshua, and Nathan were here and it was fun to share the events with them. The boys got to frost and decorate their own cupcakes (that's a whole post in and of itself!), daddy came home that afternoon (in a Texas sized rainstorm), and there were lots of new toys to play with! Bergen knew just how to open the presents, and still wanted to make sure he got ALL the paper off before enjoying the new item.
(It's nice to be able to stretch our budget, but I do find it quite comical that Bergen was wearing these shorts, along with many others, last May!)
What do you think? Does he like it? :)
It can be tough to watch others open new things, but Helen's boys were so good about letting Bergen open his presents, and it was fun to watch them all play with some of the things in the days that followed.
Bergen got blocks, felt food, cooking dishes, vehicles, lacing cards, playdoh sissors, and a Chuggington movie. I think he was pretty excited about everything. And I'll just admit now, I'm enjoying seeing his new toys organized in boxes and bins that I may or may not have been planning on for months now :) Helen said she was surprised I didn't have the bins already labeled. I'll take that as a compliment on my organization skills. Haha!

Like I said before, Bergen liked his cake. He kept saying "pain!" (which translates to plane) and "cake!"
He did a great job blowing out the candles. I think he blew them out one at a time for a total of two breaths. Not bad for someone who's only had one prior birthday.
We found Bergen reaching into the fridge earlier sneaking off the skittles. Apparently they were just too hard to resist because Nathan just couldn't help sneaking them too.
Happy birthday Bergen! We love you so much!


How old are you?

Singing Happy Birthday

No comments: