Sunday, May 1, 2011

Coloring Easter Eggs

Lots of holidays and special events kind of slide by at house when Travis isn't home. Easter was looking like one of those holidays this year. Even though I had gotten egg dye and other Easter supplies ahead of time, we just didn't get to it before Travis left for the Easter weekend. I almost skipped it all and was going to save the stuff for next year, but decided the Tuesday after Easter we really should do it anyway. Bergen wouldn't know the difference and I'm so glad we did!

He really got into it and had a good time decorating the eggs. In fact I think it was just as fun for Travis and I. It turned out to be less messy than I expected even. Other than one bumped cup that splattered our towel, there wasn't much to clean up. Bergen liked the markers, glitter gel, and the dye. To my surprise he wasn't interested in using stickers. I will admit that it was hard for me to want to let Bergen put the pretty colored eggs back into a different color cup. I just wanted to keep them nice and pretty, and he just liked dunking the eggs. Unfortunately I don't think this will be the last time I have to fight the urge to let his creativeness overrule my creativeness :)




What a cute happy boy!

1 comment:

Helen said...

I'll have to try the cups next time, we did ours in the bowls. I also think this may be an activity I just randomly pull out of my hat for something to do. I am sure all three boys would love playing egg hunt when we come visit.:)