Friday, July 18, 2008

Year at a Glance

A little less talk, and a lot more action! It finally happened...we have a blog! Blogs usually start because of a new addition to the family, or the blogger is just a really good writer. Unfortunately, we don't fall into either category. I just want to stop feeling like I'm stalking all my friends because I know all about them from reading their blogs, and knowing they are wondering if we are even still alive. Well, the answer to that question is YES! We're still alive! 

This is kind of like trying to catch up on my journal writing...where do I start? Since I would like to sleep sometime tonight, I'll try for a quick overview since moving to Texas.  

First Officer Travis: "Ladies and gentlemen, we will be taking off in a few moments. Flight attendants, please prepare for takeoff. "

Friendly Flight Attendant: "Please fasten your seat belts, make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their upright and locked positions, and properly store all of your carry-on item underneath the seat in front of you. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the flight!"


We moved to Arlington, Texas for flight school. It was a very crazy 10 months of training and flight instructing for Travis. We never knew where he would be or what he would be doing the next day, let alone the next hour. The hardest part was the 11 weeks during training he spent in Florida, not knowing when he would be able to come home. Fortunately I had some heaven sent friends that helped me stay busy. 

8 comments:

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

Hey Cyn! Thanks for sending me your blog, you guys look like you are happy and doing well. If you don't have my blog it's www.gehrenandsam.blogspot.com Love you and keep in touch!

Sam:)

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Hooray! You are ALIVE! I am so happy you got this blog up and running so that we can know what's going on in your lives! Happy to see that all looks well!

Miss you!
Megan

Stacy said...

Cynthia...I'm so sad we didn't see each when you were here but I know things were busy for us both...I spin my wheels non stop...but for sure the next time your are here I will track you down! Loved the blog...now I can keep my tabs on you too.

Please Pass the Green said...

So i've decided that i am coming to Texas this year no matter what. I haven't said anything to anyone or made this announcement public or thought much about it until now, but I'm hoping others will follow my lead.:) What about Labor Day Weekend??? We HAVE to do our girls weekend or we're all going to get old and shrivel up.

By the way, it's so good to hear from you!! I've missed you.

Emily said...

How did I not know about this blog????? I can't believe it! I stumbled upon it in Katie's blog. Glad you're alive!

Emily said...

By the way, I like your "Our Story"---- Jon & Kate +8. Right? I love that show! I'm addicted.

Please Pass the Green said...

My mom's way addicted to that show, too! I just happen to get sucked in when I walk in the room. I don't know why it's so hard to get up and leave once you start watching.

Jennifer said...

Hi Cyn, I'm so glad that you have a blog now. It looks like life has been crazy for you guys, but you are looking great! I am so glad that you are doing well in TX. And I'm so glad that you and the girls are getting together in a few weeks. That will be a blast! I wish I could be there! Have a good time for me.