Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rockaway Beach

One week ago my family and I were in the car on our way to the Tillamook Cheese Factory and then out to the Oregon Coast. This outing is a rather common adventure for our family, but I think we struck gold this time! Rockaway Beach is our (or at least my) new favorite spot to stay. It was a beautiful beach! Great for croquet, sand mer-men, sand half-women-half-horse, and sandcastles. We planned to stay overnight, but the best part was finding at the last minute a little condo with, what did Brant call it...oh yeah, an OCEANVIEW! Our back balcony steps went right out to the sand.

As kids we always played in the ocean, despite the average 50-55 degree water temperature. Well, this time we all got wet up to our knees, but not without excruciation pain. It's freezing! Why did I never notice this as a kid? I guess that's one indication that I am getting older...but not much older...just a little older :)



Poor Travis had to work and didn't get to come, but we thought about him. I even brought him home some sour salt water taffy!

2 comments:

Please Pass the Green said...

the horse pic is HILARIOUS!!

littleREEDwriting said...

Ahh!! Looks fun!! How are you catching up after the trip to SA??? I'll have to download and send you pics!!