Saturday, November 30, 2013

Picture Highlights from November

A boy and his truck! I guess his shoes were not convenient to put on at the time...but daddy's were :)
Can we say climber?!?! 
Owen got his first hair cut. Just a trim off the top, literally. His extra long strip of hair down the middle was starting to get in his eyes.  
Bergen went outside with a water ballon. I told him not to get wet and he said ok. Not sure why I expected him to come back in looking like anything but this. As he walked through the kitchen stiff limbed I asked if he got a little wet. He said no. But we can all see he definitely did :)
It's a constant frustration to get Bergen to play with his toys on his own. One day I suggested we get rid of his toys since he didn't play with them. Instead of being worried that his toys would get thrown out and start playing with them, he thought that was a great idea. So he started gathering up all kinds of things he was willing to part with and put them in bags. He then proceeded to label them with price tags. And THEN he wanted to take them outside to have a garage sale. Lucky for me it was a weekday and I held him off on that plan since people only garage sale on the weekends. Not exactly the result I was going for, but it did get him to do something other than watch TV. We eventually threw out some of the junk stuff he had collected and put away the rest.
Oh Owie-cakes! Teething sure has been rough on your crib :(
Bergen does great with to do lists. Mostly because he can't remember what he's supposed to be doing from the time he leaves the kitchen to the time he gets to the bathroom. I finally made these charts and a bedtime chart to help him know what to do when we are getting ready for something. He really likes them. Now it's a lot more, "what's next on your list?" and less barking at him to get going!
Occasionally I have Bergen help me empty the dishwasher. This day he was really into it so I suggested he then load all the rinsed dirty dishes into the dishwasher. He was excited about it so I left him to it while I went and fed Owen. When I came back I found the dishwasher loaded and the sink empty. He did a great job, I was impressed!
I set these clothes out for Bergen to put on. I was so pleased he got right to it and dressed himself. Although this was not quite the order I had in mind. Puffer vest under, backwards long sleeve shirt over. He said it was just so soft and that's why he wanted the vest touching him. I've come a long way in wanting to control everything, because I let him keep it that way. All day. And we went out. And we saw a lot of people. The picture just doesn't do it justice because he looked just like a pouffy little marshmallow! He was so proud of it, and actually he got lots of compliments that day.

1 comment:

Helen said...

I love daddy's shoes! Does Bergen want to come load our dish washer? Please?:)