Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

For a long while Bergen wanted to be a bag of money for Halloween. Then he changed his mind to a transformer. Although I thought that was a cool idea, it was way more time than I wanted to spend making so we kept suggesting other things. Somewhere Vector and his squid launcher crossed Bergen's view and that was it. A costume with a squid launcher, oh yeah! To him his whole costume was based on the accessories. The squid launcher and the black bag (fanny pack) to keep his moneys. So naturally Owen got to be a minion. And a cute one at that. I was excited to have found clothing pieces from random places that, in my opinion, really nailed the costumes! I added the stripes and collar to Bergen's pants and size 24 month hoodie. Travis made the squid launcher out of spray foam and paint. I made Owen's hat and sewed the logo onto his 18 month overalls. And shh, don't tell, but his 18 month yellow shirt may or may not say grandma's princess on it. Hey sometimes you have to get creative!






The annual trunk or treat was, as always, lots of fun. I just let Bergen do his things and Owen and I followed close behind. I love that Owen was sitting forward holding onto the stroller "handles" all night! People liked their costumes and thought they were cute.

(Love Owen's face in this one!)



On Halloween we went trick or treating with the Teemants. It wasn't long before Bergen was hangin' with the big boys trying to go as fast as they could from one house to another. He would run down the driveways at top speed and I was worried he was going to biff it :) Thankfully he never did but it sure made me nervous. I'm glad we went to this area of the neighborhood because it was hopping with trick or treaters (I wish I had taken a picture of the people filled streets). We even ended up seeing lots of people we know from church. When the night was almost over Bergen told me, "This is the most best day ever!" Yay! That right there made Halloween a success in my book!




We got home late but I was too worn out to rush the kids to bed. Instead they got time to explore the loot together and Bergen had a couple, or maybe a few, or was that a lot of candy just before bed :) Anyway it was fun to see them play in the candy together and it was such a fun filled night they were both out like a light when they finally got in bed.




No comments: