Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Monster Painting

Sometimes I have Bergen look at pinterest pictures for something he would like to do. He saw some painted monster 2 liter bottles with an opening for their mouths that served as a candy holder, and decided that would be a good idea. Luckily I had this little bottle in the recycle bin we could easily pull out. I also remembered we had a few left over face stickers from last Halloween we could use. I talked him out of cutting the bottle and putting candy in it, but he kept reminding me of that detail. I was super impressed at how thorough he was at painting the entire bottle on his own. He also kept referring back to the picture to see we needed things like eyebrows and black at the top...that actually got painted over later with purple :) I painted the eyes and mouth on paper that we cut out and glued onto the bottle, and Bergen put the other stickers on. All of which made for a very cute monster that he was super proud of!
Bergen's getting to a stage that he does awkward poses and smiles when I want to take his picture, but in this one he actually somewhat resembles his monster :)
Finally I had him lay down next to his bottle and say "monster" instead of cheese. That's the natural smile I love!
We were on such a monster kick we kept it going later in the week. Bergen liked a picture of some felt monsters. I had intended on cutting things out and letting him glue them together with the glue gun. Something he loves to use. But once I got going I realized it was a little more work than I anticipated. Something about making decisions and being too precise while free handing these little guys. At that point I decided a "monster kit" was better. Travis helped hot glue velcro onto each of these monster "parts" and now the monster making options are endless. I was so excited about them that some other little monsters I know are getting a set of their own for Christmas (so don't let them see this picture yet!). Now let's just hope all the boys like and use them enough to have been worth all that time and effort! :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Those are SO cute! I'm going to have to try to copy those!

Helen said...

I love the Bergen monster face and the say monster face is so cute. I will have to remember tricks like that.