Monday, April 23, 2012

Secret Capabilities

This week Bergen has surprised me with his secret capabilities. Like many his age he wants to do things himself. Things like pour the chocolate mix into his milk, but things like taking clothes off and on is more in the "mommy do it" category. One day I heard him open a drawer in the kitchen then silence. I called for him but got no answer. So I went looking. He was in our bathroom, pants on the floor, going potty all by himself. Now I knows he CAN go potty all by himself :) Wow Bergen, that's great! "No that's my great!" Anyway...oh yes, his secret capabilities. I also discovered he can help himself to an Oreo from the pantry while I'm in the shower. All he needs is a chair and reeeeeach. At least he usually gets one out for me too. And speaking of showers, Thursday morning some of Bergen's first words to me were, "Watch tbee, mommy? You take a shower. You dirdy!" Haha! So he's figured out he gets to watch tv when I shower. Or was it the Oreo he was ultimately going for? :)

This is Bergen helping Travis and I scrub the bathroom. I love when he says something is "really hard work!" Yes it is and you are going a great job. "No that's my great!" :) Every time! I really need another go to phrase. 


This week Travis and I took lunch and Bergen to the park. There were a couple of 4/5 year old girls that repeatedly told Bergen they were not playing with him! Despite his efforts to join in their fun, they refused to have it. He finally hunched over, walked back to me with the saddest face, and said, "it's not working." Just about broke my heart. After a hug and a little consoling he said, "I'll try again." Then ran to the playground to find friends to play with. Got to admire his persistence. 

So the next day I invited a friend Bergen's age over to play :) They had fun and were loud and crazy together, but had a good time. We went back to the park another day after school and played with another friend who is in kindergarten. He told his mom Bergen is his second best friend. Awwww, that's so cute. On Saturday we rode in their truck (this familiy's truck is a BIG deal to Bergen!) to the friend's soccer game. Bergen watched some, but soon had fun running and kicking soccer balls behind the line of parent chairs. When his friend wasn't in the game he played behind us with Bergen too. From the looks of it his friend had more fun with Bergen than he did in his game, but I could be biased. Bergen got dirtier than his friend that day, and Bergen wasn't even in the game :) This is later that day. He was so tired he barley cared to eat. We both had nice naps that day. Hooray for naps!

No comments: