Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

Our Easter was good. Yesterday Bergen and I spent a good 2 hours in the kitchen prepping food for todays breakfast and dinner. I was worth not having all that work today, but I still have a sink full of dishes...if only I could prep that away! This morning Bergen got to see what the Easter bunny brought him. To his enjoyment he got a movie and a Go Fish game. So far the game is working well as making matches and mini memory games. We're still working on the actual Go Fish.

We had a delicious egg hash, strawberries, and chocolate zucchini bread for breakfast. While the "bunny" hid the eggs we watched some of the new bible videos on the church website. While we watched it the second and third time Bergen was telling Travis what was going on. I love that those videos hold his attention and he's picking up on things. Along with reading from the friend I think these videos will also have to become a Sunday tradition.

Next we moved outside to hunt for eggs. Bergen was of course very cute and had a lot of fun with it. The pictures pretty much say it all. It's a good thing we had a hearty breakfast because I pretty much lost track of how much candy Bergen was up to, and by that point he may as well finish it all and have it over with in one day. Not sure how nursery went but I'm sure his teachers love us :) Quite frankly, even loaded on candy, today was no better or worse behavior wise for a Sunday so I guess it all worked out. By the time we left for church it was pouring rain so we only got exhausted after church Easter pictures in our Sunday clothes.

Coloring eggs...it's a messy task.
Got a haircut on Saturday, it was pretty crazy! Happy with the goods.
Egg hunt...found them. crack, crack, crack...open. *gasp* CANDY! let's open more!
Sorting the loot...chocolate goes with chocolate, jelly beans go with jelly beans.
Easter family...tired, hungry, hair and clothes a little ruffled, but had a good day.


Other news of the week...

I got to teach the lesson in Relief Society today. When my visiting teaching companion asked if I would cover for her after having a baby I said sure. On Monday I got an email from the presidency telling me it was for today. Oh! Ok, guess I better get crackin' on that. I've secretly wanted to be a Relief Society teacher pretty much since college, so I wouldn't be lying if I said I had a lot of fun doing it. It was about sustaining our leaders. I thought of doing a little object lesson that was kind of silly, but it seemed to be a good opener. I asked for someone really strong to come forward. I had them hold a 25lb weight (yes I lugged it all the way to church), which I called their "responsibility", over their head. Then I had two more people come up and help hold up, "sustain", their arms. I likened it to Moses holding the rod of God over his head so his army would prevail in battle. Then how we can do our part and sustain our current leaders. I got lots of participation so I think that's a good sign. I was still really nervous and thought my words weren't flowing out as smoothly as I would've liked, but several people commented on how composed and confident I seemed, not nervous at all. Little did they know inside my nerves were having a little party :) It was fun though, I enjoyed it.

So I might have a bone to pick with my brother! He used to do this sort of thing when he was a small kid. I don't know how in the world he communicated this to Bergen, but I just don't know of any other place he could've gotten this information, or even gotten the notion to do this. Travis said it was not from him. Last night as I was doing the dishes I glanced out at Bergen who was supposed to be jumping on the trampoline. Boy, was I in for a surprise! He was half naked trying to pee in the grass! What?!?!?! I ran out there and asked what he was doing. Just as I thought, he said, "I try-eene to go potty in the gwass." No Bergen we only go potty on the toilet. "No mommy. I potty in the gwass." As he pushes and pushes. Seriously?!? I just don't even know. At least it was our backyard and not the park. Hopefully I got him straightened out, I'll keep you posted on any more instances.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

What a fun Easter! I am so proud of you, sounds like the lesson was a hit! As for peeing in the "gwass" Mike loved to go camping so he could pee in the weeds with Jim! lol Not sure if he ever would pee in the back yard, I could even get him to mow the grass without a shirt! lol Good luck!

Emily said...

Great job on your lesson! Um, boys will be boys? Zach totally thinks it's okay to pee anywhere outside, despite my efforts to instruct otherwise... At least it's not in public places. It's getting better...