Friday, August 6, 2010

Backyard Doings

When Bergen starts going stir crazy, or it's the last hour before going to bed and he just isn't handling life so well, there's one thing I can always count on to calm him down...outside! Hot or not, but mostly HOT, he loves being outside!

He will now bring me the bucket of sidewalk chalk trying to tell me he wants to go outside. We're getting pretty good at making a variety of pictures, and lines. Lots of little lines :)
This particular day I left the back door open so he could go in and out while I caught up on some work inside. I turned around to find this! Apparently we hadn't had the talk yet that we only draw on the floor outside. We've since had that talk :)
Bergen is very good at watering the trees. I've even left the nozzle open and let him water them himself. He's pretty good at soaking the tree, the surrounding fence, and himself. It cracks me up when he shakes the hose back and forth like we do when watering. I better be careful because I can already tell he's a good copycat.
This slide is the perfect entertainment for my little climber!
The last week or so he's even decided sliding down it is pretty fun.
1 - 2 - 3 - GO!

Bergen demonstrates how he plays on the slide.
Doing what he does best...checking things out.

4 comments:

Emily said...

So many updates! I love it! Looks like such a wonderful trip. Bergen looks SO GROWN UP! I just can't believe it. I love his haircut.

Karin said...

He is growing up so quickly. what a handsome little boy! It is weird to see him walking around and doing so much. Love him.

The "D.C." O's said...

These videos crack me up! I am surprised at how long the video goes after he sticks something "gross" in his mouth and doesn't take it back out.:) I wish we lived closer!

EricB said...

Wouldn't it be easier to climb the stairs to the slide or are you building character not teaching him that. And what is it you are feeding that boy outside and is this another character builder? And I wish you lived closer too, both of you.