Monday, August 17, 2009

Just When You Think

Just when you think you have things figured out, they change it up! What I mean by that is Bergen and I have a pretty good routine now, but every once and a while he keeps me guessing as to what I should be doing for him. You're probably all thinking, ahh yeah, get used to that :)

We (ok, mostly me) try to get to the pool a couple of times a week. It breaks up the day and I feel like Bergen has something new to look at. He also doesn't mind his legs being in the water after the initial shock of cool water wears off.
He's giving lots of smiles and happy noises now.
Bergen's very interested in what's in front of him. He really likes the rings that hang down from his bouncer. And if we put our hands out to him, he reaches and grabs for them.
A little blurry, but this balancing act cracks me up. We always joked that we would teach our little girl to stunt at a young age. I guess Bergen will too, but we'll have to include lifting lessons when he's a little older. (Don't worry Brant, we'll teach him to play baseball too. And don't pretend like you weren't rolling your eyes either :) I totally know you were. Haha!)
The other night Bergen was all ready for bed and Travis propped him up here while we finished getting ready ourselves. I walked in the room and it took me a minute to see him because I expected him to be laying down somewhere. It was pretty funny to see.

This little lion has been in the crib with Bergen since the very beginning. I've seen him looking at it before and thought it was fun to think of him having a snuggle buddy, even though he doesn't snuggle with it yet. Well, I put him down for a nap and went about my business (on the phone with my sister actually). A little while later I heard him talking so I peeked in the room and this is what I found...he had wiggled his arms out of the blanket and was trying to get the lion.

6 comments:

The "D.C." O's said...

Bergen looks like a little lion with his hair poofed out in those pictures where he is sitting up in his crib.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! He is getting big. I still can't believe how much hair he has. All my babys were bald till they were like 2!

Jenny said...

Cute, Cute! It will just get better...and worse...all at the same time. :)

EricB said...

You have to stop the shock therapy and try something different to manage the hair.

Jenelle said...

Would it be overkill to say he's cute? Cause he's really quite cute. And that missionary hair of his is stinking cute too!

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

I had so much fun looking at your cute Bergen and fun blog!! He is adorable. Hope you guys are doing well. WE will have to catch up sometime. Miss you guys,
Love,
Justin and Erin