Friday, September 12, 2008

Paint

When we get that itch to decorate and we've decided on that perfect plan, I always think getting it all together will be so much fun and exciting! Travis says the only part he likes is the end result. But after 3 days of painting, and the house being turned upside down, and exhaustion has taken over, even I'm good for a while...well, at least a few months...maybe :) 

Our bedroom now has a wall of Raging Sea, and our bathroom is equal parts of Vulcan Grey and Silvery Moonlight. I know they are equal parts because one was going to be too dark and the other would have been too light. Oh, if only there was something in between...ding! (light bulb turning on over our heads) let's mix them! So we did, 1 cup for 1 cup in our Pyrex measuring cup. Resourceful I know!

Travis was also working on making 1000 flash cards for an upcoming checkride, which we finally finished by the way. He spent most of this time working on that, and came to help only when I needed a boost of energy to carry on. Since I was in there with those paint fumes for a good chunk of time...by myself, I had a crazy realization. For some reason, in my head, painting is a little like running. I start having odd, then weird, and then finally really annoying conversations in my head, and I can't stop! That's why I always run with some tuneage (remember that word?) these days. Anyway, my favorite conversation was about painting around the toilet. I hate the toilet, I don't want to touch the toilet unless I have to! And yet I find myself spending time with the toilet in ways I would never imagine without a paint brush in my hand...Like giving it a hug for example, or cuddling up next to it, just to get every square inch behind the tank where no one will EVER see. It's disgusting! Yuck! I almost want to take a shower just thinking about it! Oh well, I guess everything needs a little TLC once and a while, even if it is a toilet.



10 comments:

The "D.C." O's said...

It looks nice. I would like to paint our bathrooms and kitchen a color other than white. But I have no idea what color, and the one color (chocolate brown to match our bed set) I thought of for our bathroom Brant exnayed, "It's too dark".

Emily said...

I LOVE it! Cal and I had decided on paint colors for many of the houses we almost got. I know, we got ahead of ourselves. But who knew it would be so hard? Anyways, that's similar to the colors we liked for our bedroom and bath. Good taste, of course. I can't wait to see it in person!

Kel said...

WOW Cyn it looks really nice. When I get my own place, in like forty years, I should hire you to be my decorator. Do I get a family discount? :)

ruthie said...

Love it! Funny because I painted my room almost the same color... :) I'm glad you got an even coat. ;) It's all about the purdy!

EricB said...

I painted our bathroom too. You should come see it.

Gina said...

Love the new paint. And the Texas star, so Texan! I had to get one as well to make my home feel truly Southern. Now we just need to open up the garage, get some chairs and barbeque!

Please Pass the Green said...

you hug the toilet!! ha ha! now we have something to tease you about. that's always good. are you making the house beautiful for me and the girls? ahh, cyn, you shouldn't have.:) can't wait to use your toilet and stare at the soothing midnight star walls.

Alycia said...

looks great! Are up planning on painting anything else?

Laura said...

Looks wonderful!! I guess without you packing my boxes and cleaning my house you have some more time on your hands :)!! I love it! I miss you guys!! Hope all is well!

Sam Rushforth Taggart said...

I love the color, it looks great! Oh and I can totally relate to your feelings about the toilet, I hate to touch it too, haha :)