Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sunbeams

This last week was Bergen's first time in Sunbeams! Can you believe he's old enough for Primary now?!

On Saturday the Primary had a meet the teacher breakfast activity. As we were getting ready to go, Bergen really wanted to wear his Sunday clothes. I had to explain it was at the church but not actual church and he really could just wear his regular clothes. At the activity they got to sit at a table with their class and teacher, eat breakfast, make a craft, and then went into their classrooms to play a little game. Bergen said they threw a bean bag to each other and it was really fun. He did great with the going off on his own to his class. I didn't expect anything different though. When we were leaving he said, " but we didn't sing." Singing time :) I had to tell him that would be on Sunday.


Sunday Travis took him into the big Primary room and he sat on the front row. I was passing the RS newsletter out to teachers during Sunday School so I peeked on him a few times. I was happy to see him sitting in his chair still (at least when I saw). When I peeked at him in his classroom I saw him with his arms folded and eyes scrunched tightly shut. Afterwards his teacher (who also happens to be our good friend) said it went well so that's good. I was thrilled that Bergen was able to give us details about his lesson. That never happen in Nursery, even when I was his teacher, but he was younger than too. He told us about doing the bean bag again, a "BERRY special" box with a mirror in it, he got an I am a child of God crown to wear, and talked about having to be "reverence" to get a snack. And the next day he told me about being a king with his crown.

He was so excited for Sunbeams and was super happy after class. But he was not thrilled that I wanted to take his picture.

He finally agreed if he got to take a picture of me too :)

No comments: