Thursday, January 17, 2013

Owen Bennett Linton & The Delivery Story

How Owen got here...

Sunday night Bergen got to sleep at the Teemant's house so we wouldn't have to wake and drop him off so early. It was Bergen's first night without either mom or dad. I of course was concerned how he would do, but turns out he did great.

Monday morning nice and early we got up and got ready to go to the hospital. Nothing like taking a picture of yourself on the morning of delivery. I didn't want to but knew I would regret it later if I didn't. So here it is. 39 weeks and 4 days and ready to not be pregnant anymore!


Do I have to do this?!? :( 
(That's totally a fake smile!)


We got to the Baylor Grapevine hospital just after 7am. I was dreading every step, but once I passed a step I thought, ok I did it...but I REALLY don't want to do the next one. Lucky for me things went at a good pace and there were no complications. The doctor broke my water around 8:30am. An hour or so after that I got the epidural, which went in smoothly unlike my first experience. At 11:00am the nurse checked me and since I hadn't made too much progress from where I started, she decided to up the pitocin a little. I was trying to relax as best as possible and catch a little sleep. Feeling a little in and out of half sleep, I woke with a start at 11:30am. Uhhhh. Things felt very different! With the contractions I suddenly felt like I wanted to squeeze things in...probably should tell the nurse! I sent Travis out so tell somebody, anybody. So a few more of those, which we making me very nervous, the nurse came and said yup, I was complete. That didn't take long. She called the doctor and starting getting everything ready. I started pushing with one or two of the contractions while the doctor finished getting ready. Only 27 minutes and about 5 rounds of pushing, Owen was out! Born at 12:14pm. Tiny little cries and a few squeaks is all the noise he made. Travis cut the cord and I got to hold him after the nurse wrapped him up.

Even with the epidural I could feel a lot more than I could the first time, like that I was actually having a contraction, and felt the baby coming out. It was definitely uncomfortable, kind of painful, but not unbearable that I couldn't keep my cool. I love my doctor, Dr. Michael White, and his calming personality. Even though things were moving quickly it never felt crazy or that there was any kind of panic.


Owen Bennett Linton
January 14, 2013
12:14pm
8lbs. 7oz.
20 inches long






2 comments:

Emily said...

So crazy excited for you!! Hooray for 2 boys! I'm so glad that your delivery went so fast and smoothly. He is just darling and I wish I could snuggle him. Love you!! Congrats!

Debbie said...

Congrats Cynthia! He is adorable! My 2nd time around was a much better experience as well. :)