Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fall Festival

Some friends told us about a Fall Festival that was going on at the elementary school. I decided to take Bergen, not knowing if this sort of thing would be fun or crazy for me trying to keep things under control. Once we got there I splurged and bought $4 worth of tickets, hoping Bergen would catch on to what was going on. It was good standing in line practice for him, but I tried to pick ones with no or really short lines. I also picked games that involved throwing something. Of course! Why did I ever doubt? Bergen thought it was a blast to try and knock things over, AND to get a piece of candy afterwards, it was a blast! So what did $4 worth of tickets get us? 6 carnival games and cotton candy as big as your head. I don't know how many more years $4 would satisfy a child, but for this year it was a lot of fun!

Playing a game.
Waiting in line.
Sampling his rewards.
Trying out the cotton candy.
Took a little getting used to, but he did eventually finish it so I think it's safe to say he liked it :)
Bergen kept saying he wanted to be a monkey for Halloween. I didn't realize this was a dress up activity until the day of the festival and I hadn't made the monkey costume yet. I crossed my fingers and was happy that Bergen put the elephant costume on from last year and was good to go. That being the case for this activity I didn't stress over making a new costume for the rest of our Halloween activities. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit bursting with joy as we got so many compliments about how cute the little elephant was. Thank you people for boosting my creative crafting ego! Oh and thinking my son is cute too! :)

No comments: