Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pie, Peas, & Playtime

Autumn time brings lots of green apples to the store's produce section. I fell prey to their pretty little display of apples and bought some to make a pie. As I spent my Sunday afternoon baking (instead of napping) I realized I'm pretty sure this is the first completely from scratch apple pie. So I had to take a picture of it! It was so yummy I just might give up another Sunday nap to make another...well maybe, those Sunday naps are pretty important.
Does this scene look at all familiar? Cause it should! Not quite 2 years ago Bergen did the same thing. Got the peas out of the freezer, poured himself some, and ate most of them off the floor. I guess some things don't change much.
At least this time he could help clean up. He sings "keen up, keen up, ev-body" as he works.

This is mostly Bergen being silly. Notice his shirt-less-ness? That is not uncommon! He frequently doesn't want to wear a shirt. And if he has a day shirt on, it can sometimes be tricky to convince him to change into the jammy shirt, and if he has a jammy shirt on, it can be tricky to convince him to change into the day shirt. The best tactic I've found is to show him it's dirty. If he can visibly see dirt on it, then he will change, otherwise good luck. He also even more frequently doesn't want to wear a shirt to bed. He says, "no shirt mommy" and shakes his hand at me. At first I tried really hard to get him to wear it, but soon discovered it wasn't that important. I could just wait until he was asleep and sneak it on him. That was great in theory except that he can take them off in his sleep. And if I put it back on again, he takes it off AGAIN. So I guess "no shirt mommy" really mean no shirt :) He must have inherited this trait from his Uncle Andrew.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Nathan said "mess!" And laughed a bunch watching Bergen's video. Joshua said, "oh that was a bad pitch." Sorry.:) I think it is funny that Bergen makes sure to hit the tee as he swings.