Saturday, October 15, 2011

Looks Like Fall

While Bergen and I were in Virginia it started cooling off, leaves were starting to change color, and it kind of felt like fall. When we got back to Texas it was almost 90 degrees and we had the AC cranked the entire drive home from the airport.

I decided if it didn't feel like fall outside I could try to make it feel like fall inside. This thing I think people call ambition, came over me and I found a few fun fall decoration ideas. After a trip to several craft stores I went to work. I really wish I had that ambition thing happen more often! I can't believe I actually got so much done in just two days.

I switched the flower arrangements in the entryway and put pumpkins on the candlesticks.
With leftover flowers I made this arrangement for the kitchen table.
I LOVE berries! I found a beautiful autumn berry wreath online but it's not in my budget. To my surprise, I came upon these berries at the craft store and tried my hand at making my own. In about an hour I finished the wreath and LOVE it!
I also ended up with some leftovers from this project (nice surprise!) and put together this arrangement. These pumpkins were supposed to be for something else, but once I put them here, well, they pretty much just needed to stay there :)
Once all that was done I thought I'm on a roll, why not one more project? So Bergen and I went to the fabric store and picked up a few fat quarters. Bergen helped me cut out different sized rectangles with the rotary cutter. Then he helped me sew the ends together, literally. He sat on my lap, turned the wheel to get the machine started, held down the backstitch button when needed, and helped me guide the fabric. THEN he decided he wanted a turn with the foot pedal...and he liked FAST best :) After one super crazy fast seam, I had him put his foot over mine so I still had some sort of speed control, and it all worked out quite nicely. These are the finished little pumpkins. Except Bergen sometimes calls them "punks" while quite frankly, I think is hilarious!

After decorating the inside we decided to go outside. Here's the berry wreath and a new mat, which I think makes a great all seasons mat if I do say so myself!
We got this bench a couple of years ago for $7 at a garage sale. After roaming around the backyard I think it's finally found a good spot to call home. I found these pots on clearance. We've wanted to do something like this for years. I glad we finally did because it makes a huge difference!
Even with our weeds in the flower bed, our house looks more cozy and inviting...like people with some personality actually live here :) Travis picked out the rosemary trees that smell awesome, and I picked out the mums.
I can't wait for the flowers to fill in and for the red mums to start blooming!
So there you go. Fall is here!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love all your fall decor!! How fun to do all those projects again that I used to catch you doing before! It was so fun to catch up and see what you guys have been up too...so glad things are going well and your are enjoying yourself!! Love and miss you!