Friday, December 31, 2010

Sugar Cookies

Why have I never done this before? Why do I not have any cookie decoratating supplies? A friend invited us over to decorate cookies. She did all the hard work and had the cookies made ahead of time. I forgot to bring the camera for the actual decorating, but if I had you would be looking at a picture of Bergen with a multi colored frosting face, much like the Thanksgiving pie face :) I must say I was pretty proud of him and his creativity! Can you tell which plate is mine and which is Bergen's? I think of all the kids he stayed at the table the longest and while he did sample plenty of frosting, he worked just as hard at decorating as he did on tasting.
This cookie was 100% Bergen! Frosting sprinkles and all. Not bad huh?
I helped him frost this tree, but the sprinkles were ALL Buggy! (I just realized I've probably never blogged this but I use "Buggy" a lot to reference him, although I don't think I ever actually call him that when I'm talking to him. Hmmm, just a side thought.)
And what's not to love about ALL. THESE. SPRINKLES? I finally started putting these same sprinkles back into an empty sprinkles jar just because he was having so much fun shaking and pouring them.
I'm so glad we got invited to do this! Besides Bergen having a good time, I wasn't expecting it to be so much fun for me. Who knew decorating cookies would be such a creative outlet. I guess I better get a good cookie recipe and buy some sprinkles so we can do it again!

3 comments:

The "D.C." O's said...

You would like doing something like that. I don't love it and I am not a huge fan of sugar cookies, that is why I don't do it but I bet Joshua would like doing it too. I like Bergen's cookies and yours too.

Kinzie Sue said...

I have some pics of you guys that I can send. We had fun... too bad all of mine immediately ended up on the side of the road. Merry Christmas to the birds!

Please Pass the Green said...

What a great creative-outlet idea! Bergen really got the multi-colored look down. I'm truly impressed. And I love your side note about calling him "Buggy."