Thursday, July 22, 2010

Road Trip - Part 2 - To Moab, UT

Before we ended our second day of driving, we made another stop. This time in Moab, UT. That place is just so cool! We both miss seeing views like you can find there. It's a bit of a picture overload, but I just couldn't help it.

Travis REALLY wanted to do some off roading! I kept reminding him this car just doesn't work like our truck did, and it would really not be fun if something happened to our car, especially being in the middle of our trip and it being our only car for the time being. So this is as crazy as I let him get. I think he still had fun doing this much and it was cool to watch others :)
We did a little hiking...ok, more like walking...on some bike trails. Bergen was still mainly crawling at this point, but that didn't seem to hold him back one bit! He just wanted to go and go and go.




This was at a very high point with not a lot of crawling room. The height and drop offs didn't bother Bergen at all. In fact I was the one getting nervous and kept asking Travis to stay closer to him, and hold on to him, and don't let him craw. Well?!?...Can you blame me? I didn't want him to fall! :)


Beautiful views!
My boys very content to be outdoors among the rocks and cliffs.
See what I mean? Just keeps going and going and going...
We ended that day with BBQed hotdogs and s'mores at this park in Moab. Then we decided to just keep going and get to our destination around midnight. There's nothing like reaching your destination after two long days of driving!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Have a fun vacation...too bad you are gone...I would like to say "bye" to you but maybe I might visit Texas sometime.

Laura said...

Glad you guys had a fun time on the drive there! Road trips can be fun but it is definitely nice when you get there!

Emily said...

Oh I love Moab! One of these days we'll get back there... I LOVE the picture of Travis and Berg silhouetted on the ridge.