Monday, May 14, 2012

The Zoo and My Birthday

Bergen is getting so good at riding his bike! He can pretty much keep his balance with his feet up for a long as he wants to before putting his feet down to speed myself back up. He likes to go "really fast!" He 's even comfortable taking corners now without missing a beat. He did have his first wipe out. He was coming down this hill, got going too fast, the front wheel started wobbling and he toppled over before he could gain control again. He scrapped his chin and thumb a tiny bit, cried for about 7 seconds, then went back to the top of the hill to try it again. A little bit slower though :)
(phone picture = not great quality)

**********
Bergen and I got to go to the zoo with some friends this week. I took the wagon for Bergen to ride in. I figured it was easy for hopping in and out to see animals. It was too, except he basically walked the entire time. I pulled my friend's 5 year old more than I pulled Bergen :) We had fun though. He was an excellent trooper and behaved very well that day. Later I asked what was his favorite animal was. He said the giraffes and car. Finally figured out he was referring to riding in the friend's car that has a dvd player. Silly kid!





**********
Friday we had our first swim of the season. I was trying to finish a logo on the computer and Bergen was chomping at the bit to go. I asked if he could go get his swim shorts, trying to buy some time. He said yeah and was gone for a while. He came back and had actually found them, despite not really seeing them buried in his drawers all winter. He also insisted on having a swim diaper. I tried to explain he didn't need one because he used the toilet now, but to him that is just part of swim attire. Once I finished I went to his room for the swim shirt he was requesting. And to my surprise I found his dresser almost completely empty! Well, I must give him credit for successfully finding the shorts and getting them on himself, but holy moly, I was not expecting that mess! 
(another phone picture = more not great quality)

**********
My birthday was Saturday. We are pretty low key around here so there's wasn't too much wild celebrating. In the morning we went to another friend's soccer game (Mom and Kel called then and sang a version of Happy Birthday that I think they are taking on the road). Bergen loves being out at the parks and kicking the ball around on the side. This is the second time we have gone and this time he cried that he wasn't on the team and couldn't play on the field. He kept saying, "I on the team" and responded with "I am older now" when I told him he wasn't old enough to be on the team. These days he says he likes soccer the best.

Travis got me a new set of scriptures. Mine have been about a foot and a half big since they got wet from being on the floor in our closet when we were moving into the house and the piles backed up. Serves me right for putting them on the floor, right? :) I also got a hand mixer and water pitcher. We had some ups and down with Bergen that day so eating out at a restaurant just didn't seem like a good plan. Instead we got drinks at Sonic and sandwiches at Potbelly's, and took them to a park. We had the whole park all to ourselves and it was perfect weather. When we were done eating I surprised Bergen with his bike in the back of the car, and we watched him ride around all the open space. Probably doesn't sound very exciting, but eating and playing at the park was probably the best couple of hours all week. So I would say overall it was a good birthday :) 

No comments: