Monday, July 13, 2009

Two Months Old

Our baby is 2 months old!
He now weighs 11 lbs. 4 oz. and is 23 inches long.
I tell him everyday to stop growing so fast.
It's fun to see him be more alert and observant to the things around him. He's started following toys and moving objects, and watches us move around the room.
Bergen likes to have company. He sits pretty content as long as someone is close by. He lays on the floor next to Travis while he works on his hobbies, and Bergen's favorite place to be while we are eating (if he's not asleep) is in the bouncer on the table...he can't see what we're eating if the bouncer is on the floor and that's not as interesting, at least that's my theory.
He is a pro now at falling asleep in his crib by himself. Yea! I think I have the best of both worlds. I snuggle with him for a bit until he's sleepy but still awake, then I put him in bed and without any fuss he falls asleep. I'm very happy about him learning this skill!
Despite his ability to go sleep on his own, I was taking my sweet time on the computer one night while holding Bergen. He couldn't wait for his bed any longer and did fall asleep in my arms. It's doesn't look that comfy, but he does look cute :)
Bergen's favorite way to sleep is arms up. I always wrap him up tight as can be, and he wiggles and pulls until at least one of his arms are out.


6 comments:

Emily said...

Adorable! is he really that old and that big already? i love his outfit in the first pictures.

Kiera said...

He is so cute! I can't believe it has been 2 months since you have had him! They grow so fast! I am glad he has learned that new skill! That is a great one to have!

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

He looks too grown up. What a handsome little guy. That last picture makes me sleepy. I would love to sprawl out and fall asleep right now. The girls are down, I might just have to do that. :)

Okay, I'm back in town for a month. Let's get together.

Jennifer Hepworth said...

He is soooo cute! I still can't get over the hair! He has so much, it is adorable! They grow up so fast. Tell him to slow down!

Stacy said...

He looks just like you...well with shorter hair. I can't wait to meet him.

Anonymous said...

too fun, you know they say when they sleep with their arms up it is because they feel safe. who knows if it is true, but a nice thought.

way to go on getting him to fall asleep on his own, that makes life easier on you!!!