Friday, May 15, 2009

The First Four Days

We are so excited to have our baby here! Labor and delivery went so much better than I was expecting. I don't want to do it again tomorrow, but it went smoothy and was overall a good experience. I was induced Monday morning, the IV starting at 6:30am. The doctor broke my water at 7:30am, I got an epidural at 9:30am (that was an experience...he had some trouble, tried several times and only succeeded after a half hour of trying. So worth it though!!). I was totally relaxed until I started pushing at 12:40pm, and he came at 1:17pm. Travis was a great support (not that I expected differently) and even got super brave and decided at the last second to cut the umbilical cord!

Bergen is such a good little boy! He sleeps and eats well and is thus far very content. We are soaking that all in, because you never know what tomorrow will bring :) Here's a few, ok ok, a lot more pictures...it's hard to pick just a few :)

Daddy and son together just hours after arrival.

Mommy and son.


What we both like to do, SLEEP!
And daddy too :)

Looks like we have a future cheerleader on our hands.
Dad getting Bergen ready to go home.
First car ride.
My sister and dad stopped in along their road trip from Virginia to San Antonio. They were here just a few hours, but will be back next week. This is my nephew Joshua checking out the new baby. Cute cousins!
He's so sweet!
Yup, still trying to take naps :)
Snuggling with Dad.

Happy Family!
Can't get enough of this kid!
Yes, he has a ton of hair! We've had some fun with it today :) What do you like, the wolverine look...?
Or how about styled like dad? It's a tough call :)


We sure love this little boy!

19 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Congratulations guys!!! What a beautiful little boy you have! Loved all of the pictures. He's got so much hair and such a cute face. You look so great Cyn! Enjoy the time you have with him and take things easy. Life will feel normal again, I promise! So happy for you guys!

Suzanne said...

Congratulations!!! He is so cute! I can't believe the dark hair he has and so much of it. Noah's only begun to get hair like that:)

Amie said...

I LOVE his hair!!!! He is sooo handsome:)

Nate and Annika Phillips said...

He is so adorable! I'm glad everything went so well for you. Like everyone else, we love that hair!!!!

The Holcombs said...

AHhhhhh he is so adorable and tiny!!! Oh Jared and I were just dying over his sweet face and awesome hair. Love the Wolverine!

Congrats guys, I am so happy for you!

Bleu said...

He is adorable congratulations! I am so happy you were able to have such a smooth delivery. That really makes a difference in the recovery process.

Kiera said...

He is just the cutest little thing! I love his hair!! What a cute little family you have!! I hope you are doing great!

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys! He is adorable. Hope all is going well. Wish we lived closer so we could bring you dinner or something.

Alycia said...

too cute!!!

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! Congrats!! I've been thinking...hmmm wonder when! I got I think from you the RS invite and then this cute link to your blog!!! WOW HE's ADORABLE!! I love both hairdos!! So fun!! My girls are jealous! hehe they never had that much hair until they were well over a year!! heheh!! Look forward to meeting him in person! Way to go with the labor and delivery! I'm happy for your cute little family!!!

Carlie said...

love the photos!!!! sooo cute!!!!!

Tammy said...

oh my gosh, I can't belive all that hair. He is super adorable.

Laura said...

WOW! I should have checked your blog sooner, I should have known you guys would be up to date and get pics on right away!! I wanted to give you both a break till you got home and recovered but it looks like your all doing just fine!! He IS SO SO CUTE!!! I LOVE the hair (which is of course always lacking on our babies!) You look so great too and I'm so glad that the whole L&D went so well!! We love you guys! CONGRATS!!!!

Please Pass the Green said...

He's just so cute! I love his little features.

THE WILCKEN-GUTIERREZ FAMILY said...

Congratulations Cuz and Travis! He is so cute! Keep the pictures coming. I definately like the wolverine look the best.

Karisty said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable! You have the same bouncer I have-I know I don't have kids yet but it was too cute not to pass up. Great minds think alike ;)

fes said...

Wow, he is so cute. Look at that hair. I love it. What a handsome little man. I cannot wait to hold him.

Karin

LanceNHope said...

Very adorable! Isn't it so nice to have him on the outside? Give the little guy a smooch from me! You have a beautiful little family!

Bittles said...

congrats you look wonderful and your baby is adorable!